Monday, 13 September 2010

Army Games

This is the third layout I made using the September Scrapaholix Kit. As I said earlier, the technique this month is using buttons. I have always like buttons on my layouts and when I first started scrapbooking I used them quite a lot. Although I like flowers on my layouts, I am not sure about using them on 'boy' layouts. This photo was taken at Sunderland Air Show this year. The Army put on games and activities for the kids and make the day really exciting for the youngsters. The Air Show itself was really spectacular this year and the Red Arrows always 'steal the show'!

I didn't sew the buttons on this page - just used double-sided tape. I find this works ok. You could also use something like Glossy Accents, which works well.

Will update you on what we get up to at the club tomorrow night on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Great layout, I agree flowers never seem to sit well on male pages but buttons look great. I sometimes tie some twine through the button before i stick it down to give the feeling that its been sewn on, it works well. I too love working with buttons I think they always look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaqi - I agree that buttons are a great embellishment and give layouts some dimension and texture. That is a good idea using twine (especially for those who can't sew).

    ReplyDelete