Sunday, 12 September 2010

At last!

This is the first of the layouts that have been lying on the table, waiting to be finished for Tuesday's Scrapaholix Club meeting. The technique for this month is buttons. I like buttons on a layout because it adds dimension and texture to a page. These are not the original designs - I had looked at what I had originally and changed it at the last minute! Typical me, if I look at something for too long before sticking it all in place, it usually gets changed (what do they say about women and changing minds!!!).This second page is part of a layout telling the story of my youngest daughter's obsession with horses. I made the 'flowers' by cutting circles with some Dovecraft Creative Scissors (Bubbles), inking the edges and sewing the buttons in place before attaching them to the page with foam tape to give some extra dimension. I like flowers on my layouts but I thought these were something different. I think they look more like rosettes (but they are perfect for the layout).

I have another layout made from this kit (and loads of buttons left) - will post that one tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh thank you Samantha - I like them as they look a bit like rosettes. I have seen quite a few layouts with hand-made flowers and I think they look good. It's good to be creative - give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers , I think they look like rosettes too so they match in great with the horse picture, its a lovely layout

    ReplyDelete