Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Sew Dinky!

Look what I bought yesterday! I am sure I was drawn to it by the colour of the box (pink stripes). No seriously, I have been thinking for a while now that I should buy a sewing machine for my scrapbooking layouts - it is something I haven't had a go at yet but it didn't warrant a full-size machine. So when I saw this mini sewing machine in Hobby Craft I couldn't resist.

It isn't pink inside (which would have been nice) but it still looks pretty good for the price. I haven't tried it out yet but I am itching to have a go.

I haven't actually used a sewing machine for ** years (too many to say), but I will give you a clue - I was only about 16 or 17 years old the last time I used one. My eldest daughter is now 36 (so you work it out!).


Anyhow, I am hoping by the end of the day to have had a go at stitching around the page on my scrapbook layout! I will let you know how I get on.

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute, my Mam bought one a while back and thought it would be a great size for crafting with.
    Sewing and I dont get on , I find because theres no flat bed to rest on I have trouble keeping the stitching in a straight line, practice is required i feel.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i sew all the time but never thought of putting it in scrap booking can,t wait to see what you come up with Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, havent you ever sewn tags for cards etc? it gives a great effect , looks just as nice messy as it does neat. Ive sewn card a few times its a nice change from glue. Give it a whirl, bet you love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies - I tried the machine out on Monday night. You are right Jackie it does take practice. I used some patterned paper (quite thick) and just went around the page a few times. A few of the lines were quite straight - I was chuffed! I am going to put a photo of the mini sewing machine on the page and keep the layout as my 'first go'. I can only get better. I love the effect though - I will probably sew loads on layouts now

    ReplyDelete