Saturday, 2 October 2010

Layouts using Overlays

At last, two of the 8" x 8" scrapbook layouts that I have been promising to post! This is the first layout using the technique of 'overlays' on your page. The scanner has picked up a bit of the background but you can get the just of what I did. I used 8" x 8" patterned papers from the Laura Ashley 'Love Song' Designer paper pack and cut them in half diagonally. As you can see from the picture I used one patterned and one plain paper and joined one of each piece together at the back (using double-sided tape).My photo was matted to a lighter cardstock and the overlay added. Because the photo is quite dark it is difficult to see by the scanned image. I added the 'Savor Every Second' sentiment (I know it is the American spelling of Savor - isn't that annoying!) and cut a butterfly using the Cricut. I added some bling to the butterfly and my title (also cut on the Cricut).
On this second layout I did the same with the papers as before. I cropped the photo so it was central and matted that onto cardstock. The overlay was added, along with the title and butterfly as before. It is a fairly simple layout to do but quite effective.


I have the MAX Papercraft Show tomorrow at Nissan, Sunderland so will post next week how we got on.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful work. I so admire your beautiful work
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely papers Anne, great layouts. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete