Thursday, 14 October 2010

Monochrome layouts

This week on the scrapbooking course we did two monochrome layouts, using black and white patterned papers (double-sided), black and white card and black and white embellishments. This is the first one - both are 8" x 8" in size. Luckily, I had these photo's from the day I took the gandchildren to York Museum - they fitted the papers perfectly! Whatever Kate does, Emma is not far behind!

For both layouts I just cut the paterned papers into equal strips (2") and varied the length and stuck it across the page. I mounted the photo on what was left of the cardstock, added some Bazzill Just The Edge, flowers with brads and finally a journalling card (sticking out from under the photo in this layout. The title (running across both pages) added the final touch!

I will be really busy next week as starting another course in the afternoon as well! Luckily, I can use some of the layouts I have already done so the pressure is off for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Fab layouts , black and White always looks great, and I love those flowers I have some of those.
    Looks like the girls had a great day out, Im sure I have photos of my sons very similar to these ones , and weve been to York Museaum so its very possible .

    ReplyDelete