Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Using Chipboard on layouts

This is the first of two layouts I have done for the scrapbooking course using chipboard. The chipboard I used was just the run-of-the-mill white chippies that you can get fairly cheaply. I covered mine with patterned papers and added bling and ribbon on this one.

The papers are from Cosmo Cricket - Honey Pie, and have been around for a while now but are lovely 'girlie' papers - so fresh! I love the colours of pink and green together. I have had to photograph the layouts as I tried the scanner but it wasn't playing today! The title was cut from one of the papers that had words all over it (so helpful when looking for different ways to add titles to your layouts). For the layout itself, I just cut a circle (using a saucer as a template) and then cut 1.5" circles on the cricut to make the 'flower' shape.

I have used this layout several times on 12" x 12" layouts, so had to downsize this for these 8" x 8" layouts. I rounded the photo to fit the large centre circle and just added the chipboard flower and heart to finish. This second layout was simpler to do as I just used what was left over from the previous layout. This time I made a larger chipboard flower, cut a circle of patterned paper for the centre and added some bling (Prima pearl). The letter 'L' is a die-cut letter that goes with the papers.I hope the learners enjoy doing these layouts as it is fun to make your own chipboard embellishments rather than buying them.

I am receiving a delivery of the new Glitz papers on Friday - there will be some 'special offers' on full sets of papers. Check the website on Friday for further details!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty pink layout ,I love chipboard and its very adaptable for all kinds of things, I love dipping it in the melt pot , its a great way to use up odd pieces you have left over from projects

    ReplyDelete