Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Using Rub-ons on layouts

Here is another two 8" x 8" layouts, this time using rub-ons on the pages. I know I have met many people who will not use this technique because they are afraid of messing up their layouts if they don't rub-on properly. Personally, I think it comes down to the quality of the rub-ons. If you use good quality rub-ons this should not happen.I used Crate Paper Prudence Collection patterned papers for both layouts. I cut one sheet to 8" x 8" then layered the papers up, putting a larger piece on the top so I could use the rub-ons as a title. The word Joy is a rub-on too. I used a rub-on on the corner of the photograph also.For this layout I cut a piece of patterned paper 8" x 8" and layered different sized papers on top before adding my photo. I like the present trend of 'banners or flags', (or whatever you want to call them) to pages - just remember to cut them to size in proportion to the layout otherwise it overpowers the page. I added the rub-ons 'Love' and 'Life'. My journalling is added on strips at the bottom of both pages.

These layouts were designed for 'newbies' to scrapbooking and therefore are quite simple (but effective) in design.

2 comments:

  1. Fab layouts, Im afraid Im one of those people who wont used rub ons, Ive not had the best experiences with them in the past. Maybe I should give them another go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give them another try - use them on a tag or journalling strip if you aren't sure.

    ReplyDelete