Tuesday, 16 November 2010

November Scrapaholix Layouts

This month the Scrapaholix Club kit technique was layering and the patterned papers we used are kaiser Hey Birdie. I wasn't that fussed when I first saw the patterned papers as they are not my usual style (not that I know what my style is exactly!). Anyhow, I set about looking for some photo's that would go with these papers and found the above 'new baby' photo of Kate. Her little outfit was made for these papers - the same bright pink! (how lucky was that!). I set about thinking of a title and thought if I could find another photo of an older Kate on her own (preferably wearing the same colour, that would be lovely).

The only photo I could find (on her own and wearing pink) was this one. It is a Christmas photo I can hear all you purists saying! So what, I say - the colours go and I like the photo!

This is what I like about scrapbooking - there are rules - but rules can be broken! Anyhow, when I finished the layout I loved it! I am not one for using Christmas papers with Christmas layouts anyhow and I doubt whether I would have actually scrapped this photo otherwise. I quite liked the idea of being a 'rebel' (even if it is one without a cause!!!).

I had to photograph this layout as when I scanned it, there was a horrible shadow across the middle of the layout - but you can get the idea of what I did. Overall, I am happy how they both turned out!

7 comments:

  1. Hi my friend, well i love the pinks and they go beautifully. Kate is gorgeous too. I dont do scrapbooking but i love to see beautiful work like this and you always inspire me with colours
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you June for your lovely comments. I am amazed how we always seem to find a photo to match the colours of the kits. Doing scrapbooking this way works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the paper were a bit strange this time, i had it in my head it would be xmas papers so wrong again, but they were really fun to do, loved the trees and the little birds
    Regards Linda P xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda - glad you enjoyed the class anyhow. I will let you know (when I know) what the kit for January will be. Something to look forward to in the New Year! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann, The postman brought me the lovely goodies from your store today, i shall be looking forward to making a beautiful album for my mum now thank you
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi June, pleased you got your order ok. I look forward to seeing what you do with the album!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Ann these are fab, those little birds are just too cute, the colours are delicious too

    ReplyDelete