Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Boldon Club January Layout # 2

This is the 2nd layout I have created using the Scrapaholix kit for January. The patterned papers from Cosmo Cricket are so diverse that I managed to make two 'school photo' layouts look completely different.On this layout I used the 'borders' and 'elements' sheets to create a more colourful layout. The red rosette embellishment in the lower right of the layout is in fact four of the circles cut from the patterned paper and decoupaged to look like a bought embellishment. I added a little bling (as I do) in the form of a pearl flower (taken from a larger pearl embellishment from yesterday's layout).


This technique actually makes you think outside the box so to speak and not to just use the borders and elements as they are but to think more closely what you can achieve with them by cutting into them and layering and decoupaging them. A nice, easy technique to start 2011 with!

No comments:

Post a Comment