Friday, 7 January 2011

New Year - new start!

New Year - new Start! How many of you out there have made New Year resolutions and have broken them already? I try not to make them as I usually make ridiculously unattainable ones that don't get off the ground.

I hope everyone has settled back into the 'routine' of working life and have managed to get some crafting done?

I created these two layouts before Christmas but didn't have time to show them - so here they are.



These layouts were to demonstrate 'stamping' to class members. In the first one, I used (MME) So Sophie 'Botanical Blue' Patterned Paper and cut into the right hand corner of the paper (to overlap it onto my photo). I created a journal card using a Hero Arts 'Sparkle Clear Flower Frame' stamp and added some cobalt blue glitter (to add a bit of sparkle!). I also stamped a butterfly (on the patterned paper) and on a piece of card (I glittered that too).

For the second layout, I used what was left of the patterned paper sheet (this is an 8x8 layout) and stuck the two pieces together. The join was covered by the brown 'strip' on the manufacturers label at the bottom of the paper. I used the butterfly stamp on this page and added glitter as before.

Back to normal with the Boldon Scrapaholix Club - starts again next Tuesday - so will be posting the layouts for those soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh i love this one its fabulous.
    Thank you so much for my prize too, it arrived yesterday.
    Hugs June xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks June - glad you got your prize ok. Let me know what you make with the products. Ann x

    ReplyDelete