Sunday, 20 March 2011

I LOVE .....

I just LOVE my Cricut Machine! In fact, I would be lost without it! I suppose we all take our crafting tools for granted after a time and it is not until that essential piece of kit doesn't work or you can't find it for some reason, that you start to think how much we rely on them. The Cricut machine I have is one of the original personal cutters and is about 4 years old now - some going considering it literally gets hammered!

I use mine a lot because I use it for cutting titles, flowers, tags etc., for all the courses that I teach as well as for personal use. If it broke tomorrow (fingers crossed it doesn't), it has paid for itself twice over in terms of usage.

The reason I broach this subject is that it got me thinking of all the 'essential' tools that are on the market at the moment. Some are really expensive, some cheap as chips, but somewhere along the line we all come to depend on them so much. I recently acquired a Martha Stewart Large circle cutter to add to my collection of 'essential tools' and although not expensive (it didn't cost hundreds), I am wondering why is it that we buy these tools in the first place. I mean I was quite happy drawing around a plate (or saucer, or anything round) to get my circles, or for smaller ones just used my trusty Cricut Machine! Now, I am absolutely dependant on this cutter!

Is there some 'essential' craft tool or equipment that you can't live without? I would love to hear your views and whether you get the maximum return (money wise) out of your expensive (or inexpensive) items. Leave a comment to say you have popped by - would love to hear from you.

3 comments:

  1. I cant live without my hot glue gun i use it so much. I have a big shot but still not got many folders etc for it so i am sure that will eventually be one i use a lot too.
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Cuttlebug I used it everytime I make anything.
    I have a cricut too but the Cuttlebug has to be my best purchase ever. I love the way it embosses , cuts , and its all so easy , yep its official its may favourite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my new punch edger its so easy to use and there is plenty of cartridges for it to buy singly and it is not to expensive.
    It can be used for scrapbooking and card making.

    ReplyDelete