Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Fairy Dreams

This is the first of two layouts I have created for this month's Scrapaholix Club. The technique this month is using American Crafts Thickers on your layouts. The patterned papers are from American Crafts (Hello Sunshine range).
The patterned papers are double sided and although there are only 2 sheets of patterned papers in the kit, along with 4 sheets of cardstock, I was able to make two layouts.


This first layout was created by layering up the white and brown cardstock, then layering the blue side of the patterned paper and then an oblong of the pink side of the paper. I made the 'bunting' by using a Tando Creative chipboard bunting shape and just inked the scalloped edge and added triangles of the patterned paper to cover it. I then added the Thickers (Sunrise) for the title. The butterfly was stamped onto the patterned paper and then I stamped another one onto another piece of the same paper and cut this out, then just layered it up.


I cut the flourishes from a Sizzix Die and cut on my Bigshot. The felt flowers I found in my stash (probably from years ago) and I just added some 'bling' to finish it all off. The sentiment 'Spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly!' I found on the internet (author unknown).


I hope you like my first effort for this month's kit and I will post another tomorrow. Please leave a comment on this post today and it will get your name into the BLOG CANDY draw for this month. Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely layout Ann, the colours are just gorgeous. I don't think I'd have any problem with that technique - in fact I think I'd struggle to find a layout where I haven't used Thickers, I love them that much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ann wot can I say looks very pretty and you make it sound as if its so easy by your instructions. Hope I find it so easy. See you next week janice XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet, its a lovely layout, very pretty. Love the addition of the flowers to the flourish, thats a good idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this one might give it a try on tuesday see you then xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable layout..love the scallop triangle banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love flourishes!

    I have a die that cuts out flourishes too. I think it's just really sexy and fun!

    ReplyDelete