Saturday, 23 April 2011

HOLIDAYS

This layout is based on another layout by Ann Freeman in the Scrapbook Magazine (Issue 54, page 51). I didn't follow the layout to the letter but used the background oblong size and just added scraps of patterned paper I had left over to add the side layers, which I punched with a Martha Stewart punch. I had a large piece of patterned paper left over from a previous layout (Glitz Design - Hoopla Polka) and the other 'scraps' are from the Echo Park 'For the Record' paper collection. I used some Adorn It dimensional stickers (Summer Goodies) to add dimension in the left hand corner and also for the 'summer fun' and 'playin in the sand' words on the layout. The white scallop is from the Bazzill Just the Edge pack (which goes a very long way!). The title stickers are a 'freebie' from the Scrapbook Magazine (some time last year), which just go perfectly with the colours in this layout. Another 'thrifty' layout done for next to nothing again!

Leave a thrifty layout idea on this post and I will enter your name into the BLOG CANDY draw for this month (Draw takes place 2nd May!). Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely Easter weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Layout my friend, as for thrifty tips? well I always collect phrases and words and cut them from magazines so i have something apt to mount on a piece of card to add to a layout or on other crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeap, I second Dezinaworld. Magazines have a variety of words and colourful fonts in them, it'll beautify your layouts without even spending too much!

    ReplyDelete