Friday, 22 April 2011

'MANNA' from Heaven

I used a sketch/layout taken from this month's edition of the Scrapbook Magazine (Issue 54), page 52 for this layout. The original layout from the magazine is by Ann Freeman who used 6"x6" patterned papers to show that to scrapbook you don't need to use 12"x12" papers all the time.I had some of the lovely black/white papers from the 'Wild Thing' layout I did previously (Glitz Design - Love Games) and I wanted to use this again so that it wasn't just put away with the loads of other 'off-cuts' of scrapbooking papers that I have. I played around with different variations of colours and photo's until I settled on this combination. The 'red polka dot' pattern is from that incredible selection from Echo Park 'For the Record' and I thought it went well with the monochrome layout. I used Bazzill 'Just the Edge' for the top right and bottom left of the layout and to finish it off I added that lovely chipboard flower (£1 for 5 from Poundland in the Metro Centre!). Unfortunately, I bought the flowers a couple of months ago and I doubt whether they will have any more in stock - sorry!


What is the best bargain buy you have bought recently? Leave a comment on this post and let me know as we all love a bargain! If you leave a comment I will enter your name into the BLOG CANDY draw for this month - best of luck!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found this site. Great ideas. My recent bargin was some designer paper at Michael's on clearance for $2.62, reg price 19.99. I was so happy.

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first real experience of buying for scrapbooking was in a Michaels store in Canada! The shop was huge and the range of goods was massive! I didn't really know what I was buying but I enjoyed the experience anyway. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout that red is a fab contrast and it gives the whole thing a lovely look to it.
    My best bargain has to be those blank Tando atcs they are great, really lovely to work with and what a fab result you get with them every time, im hooked can you tell lol, ive even bought some to send to africa to denise because they are so great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol denise if you are reading this , they will be on their way this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this layout its fun and fab
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red & Black definitely matches well!

    And my recent best bargain would definitely be some accessories that I bought a few weeks back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh to have a Michaels eh, I could only wish!!! My favourite paper that polka dot - love your layout Ann, gorgeous how you put the red against those other patterns. My best bargain is today, found some acrylic paints and medium at Hobbycraft for 49p each, of course I had to get loads!!!

    ReplyDelete