Thursday, 7 April 2011

Pretty Maids

This is the second layout I got from the Scrapaholix Kit for April. As I said yesterday, the technique this month is using American Crafts Thickers on your layouts. For this layout I used the other patterned paper, which is a gorgeous citrus colour on one side and a lovely pale blue on the other. I had to use a photograph as the scanned image was showing this as yellow instead of this lovely citrus green! I did originally print this photograph in black and white because I thought it wouldn't go with the citrus side of the paper. I tried both photographs alongside the layout and decided I would go with the colour one, even though it doesn't have any citrus in it, I still like it! The layout itself is quite simple just layering the white cardstock onto black cardstock, an oblong of the citrus side of the patterned paper and a circle of the blue side of the patterned paper. The patterned strip along the bottom is from the 'tear off' strip at the bottom of the paper (manufacturers details strip) as it was patterned on one side (waste not, want not!).

The flowers were cut on the Cricut (3 different sizes, inked and layered and fastened with American Crafts black brads - not in kit). I cheated a bit on the 'bunting' for the first part of the title. It looks like I used another one of the Tando Creative scalloped bunting chipboard shapes but I actually used another Tando bunting shape (plain one) to draw around and used scalloped scissors on the edges. I layered the triangles of different coloured patterned papers on the top and added my title. The word 'maids' I cut on the Cricut and used Safmat (one of my favourite products!) for the words 'all in a row'.


Please leave a comment to say you have popped by and I will enter your name into the BLOG CANDY draw for today. Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pretty layout, it has a nice 'spring' feel to it. I like the flowers alot and the banner looks fab. Thanks for sharing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout Ann seems as if you have enjoyed working with the kit, might need your expert help on tuesday lols Janicexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice - these are lovely patterned papers to work with and the American Crafts Thickers are great. They are pretty papers, so dig out those 'girly' photo's! See you on Tuesday at the Scrapaholix Club. I have added your name in the blog draw for today. Thanks for stopping by and leaving this comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think the papers for this month are really great, just hope i can do them justice, but god loved a trier, and i really am trying
    See you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout to highlight a darling photo. Nicely done.

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet Lo with the pretty banner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout...loving the green. :)

    ReplyDelete