Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Wild Thing!

This is my take on the layout Jules' created last Sunday (Picture of Contentment) using Shimelle's layout of the week (http://www.shimelle.com/). I like using sketches now and again, and like Jules commented - it is a lot quicker than trying to create your own from scratch. This layout was completed in super quick time!

I wanted to do a layout based on these brand new patterned papers from Glitz Design - Love Games collection. I used two patterned papers from the range (Damask and Stripe) and followed the sketch for the basic layout of the backing papers. I used Bazzill 'Just the Edge IV - Pepperpot' for the trim at the bottom of the photograph and the piece at the bottom of the page. I used American Crafts Thickers (from the Scrapaholix Club kit for April) and cut the flower on the Cricut machine and added a Delish Design brad.


I love this photograph taken in Florida and I think it matches quite well, especially with the stripes! Why don't you try using a sketch for your next layout - it's a lot quicker than thinking one up from scratch. There are loads of different sketch sites to be found on the internet.


Please leave a comment to say you have visited and I will put your name in the BLOG CANDY draw for April. Thank you.

10 comments:

  1. How clever to use the stripe paper to play off the tiger's pelt pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh love it Ann. I have never thought about using a sketch. May try that. I adore that damask paper its beautiful
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good Ann, I love the papers looking forward to using them as I bought them at the club last nite.
    Thanks for my blog candy prize
    "For The Record kit" janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these papers used together. They're beautiful.

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Ann, Ive not used a sketch before either, I can see im going to have to give it a try . These papers are lovely , they go together beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this when you showed us on tuesday, you had to have a bigger cat then everybody else, you must have a huge garden ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha Linda - yes it's called Busch Gardens! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black and white is just so classy..

    And the scallop strip really stand out!

    ReplyDelete