Tuesday, 10 May 2011

HIPPY Chick

This is the first of two layouts I have created using the Scrapaholix Kit for May. The patterned papers are from Scribble Scrabble. The technique this month is Stickles.I used a sketch from Page Maps (May 2011) for this layout as I was pushed for time and had to get two layouts completed pretty quickly. The thing about using sketches is that it takes away 'the thinking about it' time that eats into your precious crafting time. I found this photo of Kate and just loved how the papers and picture just gelled together. I used some buttons and embroidery thread from my own stash to add some dimension and the title is from the American Crafts Thickers (from last month's kit).

Please leave a comment to say you have visited. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant colour combination Ann, and the photo goes really well on this layout. The sewing gives it a lovely finishing touch, I always keep promising myself to try and do a bit more sewing on my work , it looks really good. I never manage to get around to it, but im inspired to try harder now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'sewing' is actually faux stitching. I just used a journal pen and did a double stitch effect around the edge. I was going to use a proper sewing machine but faux stitching is sometimes just as good! Ann

    ReplyDelete