Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Me & my brother

Another layout I have created using the A4 paper stack from Prima called Melody. I said yesterday that you don't need to use 12" x 12" patterned papers for layouts and here is another one to prove it!The flowers are from Prima Essentials 10 range (Melody to match the papers). The flocked brown alphabet stickers are from Delish Designs. The sparkle chipboard and brads are from the Crate Paper range - Brook Collection.

One easy way to use smaller paper sizes is to cut it into squares as I have done in this layout. I used Brown cardstock for the base, then layered it with Bazzill Whirlpool cardstock (I cut this down to 11.5" x 11.5"). I cut the squares to 5.5." x 5.5." and layered them on top of the Whirlpool cardstock. I stuck the flocked brown alphabet stickers onto a plain piece of paper from the stack (one I used in yesterday's layout), cut around the word 'brother' then matted this onto a piece of brown cardstock and cut around it again. This was attached to the layout using double-sided foam tape (to give dimension). The heart is chipboard and I covered this with another piece of plainer paper from the stack and added the word 'me' from the flocked sticker pack. The words '& my' were printed onto Safmat (one of my favourite products) and adhered to the heart.

The sentiment at the bottom right of the layout is taken from a quote I found on the internet and reads "A brother shares childhood memories & grown up dreams" - the author is unknown.

Thank you for popping by and I hope over the next few weeks you will get some inspiration to do your layouts using different size patterned papers. The Design Team will be using 6" x 6" patterned papers this month - so watch this space to see what they come up with.

If you leave a comment on this post today and you qualify (rules on the left) I will enter your name into the free BLOG CANDY draw. Best of luck!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous Ann, great idea cutting the papers down. love the way the colours are reflected in the layout and photo.
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment June. It helps when you have fab papers and photo's to work with. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a fab layout , I cant wait to start playiong with some of these smaller papers.
    What a cute photo too , it matches in brilliantly with the papers you have chosen.
    Thanks for sorting out my blogger sign in problems too , im forever greatful , I was starting to go mad keep trying it all the time. Hopefully we are all sorted now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh How adorable. I just love the design and papers you used. I'm always on the lookout for new scrapbook sketch ideas for my 2 children's scrapbooks and this is just great. TFS
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete