Saturday, 28 May 2011

My New Toy (oops I mean Craft Tool)

I thought I would show you what I have recently bought. It's a 'We R Memory Keepers' Sew Easy stitch piercer. I am not one to be taken in by 'new gadgets' but I love sewing on pages - either machine or hand-sewing. I am not much good at getting straight lines when I sew, so when I saw this little gadget I had to get one.


The pack I received includes a Sew Easy Stitch Piercer Tool, with various stitch piercer heads that are interchangeable. I can choose from Burst Stitch, Cross Stitch, Scallop Stitch and a Straight Stitch. There's also a piercing mat, a needle and 4 cards of floss (embroidery thread to us non-Americans).

I tried it out on Tuesday at the scrapbook crop and was suitably impressed with the first attempts I made. I still have problems keeping straight lines (even following pencil lines) but after a few tries, I think I'm liking this little toy (oops I mean craft tool).

Have you come across this gadget yet? Do you own one? What gadget (or craft item) would you not be able to live without? Leave a comment and let me know and I will enter your name into the Blog Candy draw (that's if you qualify - rules on the left of this page). Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Good afternoon, I saw this gadget on qvc but don't own one, I like sewing on cards but hate doing it. I think one of my favourite gadgets is the The Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura. I have an original Crop-A-Dile and I use it quite a lot. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a good toy...oops i mean tool sorry...
    I also like the look of sewing on work but im afraid sewing and I dont get on well and I lose my patience rather quickly. Let me know how it goes. Laura Ive fancied a crop-a-dile for a while are they good?
    My favourite toy is my cuttlebug I think I must use it on every project i do , well just about anyway.
    Well off to work for me now have a nice sunday everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do own one! I haven't used it yet but can't wait to do so.

    My favorite tool has got to be my Cricut Expression!

    April
    nginerd at gmail dot com
    http://ajoy2scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment and for joining this blog. Unfortunately, under the rules of the Blog Candy draw (on left of page), I cannot give you an entry into the draw for this comment as it was not left on the same day of the post. I have to be fair to everyone. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about these and have been meaning to get myself a Sew Easy Stitch Piercer Tool for some time now. But the budget is tight and plus I'd have to get to the city somehow. Hopefully it'll be soon.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete