Thursday, 30 June 2011

Cutting the Cake

I wanted to create a colourful back drop to these photographs of my daughter's wedding and I certainly achieved this using a patterned paper from the MME Ooh La La For Him Paper Kit and Bazzill Dotted Swiss Scalloped Cardstock in Honey!The photographs are quite light (apart from the bouquet of flowers on the table), so I chose colours that would compliment the bouquet. I love the scalloped edge of this cardstock and didn't want to cut into it! It was quite a simple layout as I just gutted the middle from the patterned paper and used the gutted area to mat the photographs before adhering them to the scalloped cardstock.

The flowers are from Prima (who else!) and the flower middles are from an Adorn It Foam Stickers pack. I used Thickers for the main part of the title and small cardstock stickers for the remainder of the title.

If you leave a comment and you are a follower of this blog I will enter your name into the Blog Candy Draw (see rules). Thanks and good luck!

6 comments:

  1. The layout is great, and the colours you have chosen set the photo's off brilliantly! Love Prima flowers! thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you mentioned the gutting! Cutting out some of what would only be hidden under the matting is a great money saver - and makes it easier to start using some of our favourite papers, too - as it means that it will not all be used up in a single layout...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours work so well with the photo's especially the colour of the prima flowers, I never heard of gutting before I am going to think about using this when I can. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura - I always gut (or cut out) the middle of a layout if I am layering another piece of card or paper over it. That way you get to use the patterned paper or card for something else. In this case, I used the 'gutted' piece of patterned paper to mat my photographs. Like Agnes has said - it saves your precious papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the idea of gutting the paper beneath too, as Laura says its a good way to save some of your favourite papers as im often reluctant to use papers that are going to end up hidden which always seems such a shame.
    This is a lovely layout and that Honey is a gorgeous shade :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful layour those colors are brilliant to show off the pictures :)
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete