Sunday, 5 June 2011

Garden Games

This is the first of two layouts I have created using the Scrapahoix Kit for June. The kit contains patterned papers from Kaisercraft. This one is from the Chanteuse Collection and is called 'Eco'. The paper is double-sided and is a lovely pale green on the other side.
I used a sheet of 12" x 12" Vanilla Cream cardstock as the base, then added brown cardstock. I matted the green card from the kit on top. The green card was quite bright so I misted it with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Tattered Rose) and it gives the paper a lovely shimmer. I was left with a square base to place the photographs and patterned papers onto. I cut the photo's and patterned papers into equal size squares and adhered to the layout, leaving a small space in between each square. The flower is cut on my Big Shot using a flower layers die set, which was layered up using alternative colours of the patterned papers and spray misted with Glimmer Mist as before.

The technique this month is using a ZVA Butterfly Swirl Crystal. I cut this into 3 pieces and placed part of one piece on the layout below the flower. The other pieces are on the next layout that I will post tomorrow. Please leave a comment to say that you have stopped by. I will enter your name into the blog candy draw if you do (and if you qualify). Thank you.

9 comments:

  1. Can,t wait to try this months kit out, i liked your lay out Ann looking forward to seeing tomorrows
    Regards Linda P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda - thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment. The papers in this month's kit are beautiful. I have entered your name into the draw for today. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super page, lovely papers and it set of beautifully with the ZVA Swirl Crystal, which is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laura. I will post another one using this paper range tomorrow. I have entered your name into the draw for today. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Ann, I love the crystals they are stunning.
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. meant to say the crystals are stunning with the water image ... love this LO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I like this , those crystals are gorgeous, this looks as though it was a lovely kit. I like the way you have designed the layout its great , the colours are lovely and I bet that glimmer mist gives the paper a lovely sheen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comments. I love the photo showing the water cascading from the fountain. I think water on photographs give a sense of movement to the layout. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the 4 sequence in the layout Ann, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete