Sunday, 31 July 2011

LOVE Life

This layout was created using patterned paper from August's Scrapaholix Kit. The kit technique this month is using wooden ornaments. I have used three of these wooden ornaments in this layout (2 butterflies and a flower shape). I just added some ZVA Creative gems in blue to the butterfly bodies and antennae and coloured in the flower with a Zig pen and added a crystal gem in the middle.I scraplifted this design from the Scrapbook Magazine (Issue 56, page 48 - Budget Challenge), which used a paint effect using corrugated card on the base of the white cardstock. I used a paint dabber (Jenni Bowlin for Ranger called 'Chicken Feed'). The original layout used white cardstock for the base but I cut my card down to 11" x 11" and matted it onto some Bazzill 'Mango' cardstock, then added some faux stitching.

The patterned papers this month are from Dovecraft (Sugar & Spice) and I chose the striped paper for the shaped piece. To get the shape I drew around a template and inked the edges. I then layered the shaped patterned paper to the left of the corrugated paint effect (once dry of course). I layered my photograph onto some brown card (from the kit) and added to the layout, overlapping the shaped panel paper.

The title (Life), other butterflies and little glittered flowers are stickers from Simply Creative and I used 'Owls and Trees' (and they only cost £1 each pack!). The word 'LOVE' in the title are cardstock alphabet stickers (coloured using a Zig pen in Pure Brown). I added some flowers to the left hand side of the photograph cut from one of the other patterned papers in the kit, which I decoupaged before adding to the layout. Finally, I added photograph details in the lower right of the page.

I am considering entering this layout for the papercraft qualification unit - so if you have time, please leave your feedback as you did the other day (and get 2 entries into the blog candy draw). Thanking you so much.

6 comments:

  1. This layout is great, love the summery feel.
    For your questions:
    1. I feel the best feature is the title, the style really adds interest to the layout.
    2. Colour combo is great! so summery, just perfect for the picture.
    3. Again this is a tough question as I like your layout so much, I've now looked at your layout several times and cannot think of anything I would change, sorry.
    4.I think this layout / colour scheme would be ideal for many photo's, probably with the exception of wintery or xmas photos.
    Hope these help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments April. I have given you 2 entries into the blog candy draw - for tomorrow! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great layout Ann, sorry I cannot give you a more detailed comment but I'm leaving soon for my night shift. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very great, funny layout!!!
    Svetlana xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab layout and I adore the title its great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the textured background and the title! I really like how the paint effects gives texture and the really like the choice of title and how you put that together.
    Its a really good generic layout and would work well for lots of photographs. Work well for a self study too.
    If I had to be picky I would have moved the green L of 'Life' off the matting of the photograph, but that is being picky!

    ReplyDelete