Saturday, 30 July 2011

Wedding in Las Vegas

This is one of the layouts I created for the first unit of the Papercraft qualification. This has already been assessed, so it is just for showing today!I used Crate Paper 'Portrait Collection' patterned papers for this layout as it has a 'wedding' theme. I used 'Vintage Lace' for the base (I sanded the edges), then layered this up with 'Pearls' patterned paper and cut into the scalloped lace edge. This was then layered with 'Bouquet' patterned paper and the dotted paper at the edge is the other side of the 'Pearls' paper.

The photographs were matted onto 'Something Blue' (reverse side). I made the 'Wedding' in the title from one of the accent cuts from the range and matted this onto some of the 'Pearls' paper, to which I added faux stitching. I used one of the blank accent cuts to add the reminder of the title using rub-ons and cardstock stickers.

The flowers I made by cutting flowers from a Sizzix die on my Big Shot. These were layered up and I added a pearl gem in the middle. The pearl swirl I made by using a template (a magazine freebie) and some self-adhesive pearls in various sizes to make the swirl shape.

I appreciate your comments and for every one you leave I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (see rules).

7 comments:

  1. Your photo's are stunning, love the colour scheme and the flowery section really stands out and sets the whole thing off. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April - glad you like it. The photographs are of my Sister (and her then 'new husband')taken about 9 years ago. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That layout is gorgeous, the papers chosen really pick out the colours of the photos and compliment them, I really like the monotone background used, it really brings out the colours of the photo's. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely layout, the papers are very dramatic and go well with the picture, the pearly swirl works really well. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, I really like the patterned paper you have used on this and the flowers pick out the colour in the close up of your sister beautifully. The layout is made all the more eye catching because the background itself is a neutral colour, I really like the flowers you made and I am a big fan of pearly swirls the one you made is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers you made are gorgeous - love the irregularity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is lovely , what gorgeous photos to work with , sorry im late commenting , it was the wedding this weekend thats why ive been awol.
    Those flowers are to die for , very nice indeed

    ReplyDelete