Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Angel in disguise

This is the third (and final) layout I have created for Unit 4 of the Papercraft qualification I am undertaking. If you want further details of this qualification - just email me at ann@thescrapbookgarden.co.uk and I will send you the link.
I used American Crafts black cardstock for the base (which I gutted - so I could use the remainder on the layout), and the edges were sanded and inked. I cut the white card and adhered over the base - inking the edges first.
The patterned paper is Glitz Design 'Hallow' Words, which I machine stitched before adhering to the left side of the layout. The gorgeous photo was matted onto Bazzill Dotted Swiss in Phoenix, white cardstock and then black cardstock (which I machine stitched around first) before being added to the page.
I machine stitched across the Bazzill 'Just the Edge' strip and added it across the bottom of the photo mat. I added a date journal card (Delish Design Peppercorn Menu Cards) and cut a 'bat' shape from some black card. I added some gems for the 'bats eyes'!The word 'Angel' is from Tando Creative and is chipboard, which I coloured black then added some black glitter. The remainder of the title is chipboard letter stickers.
If you would like to leave a comment on this layout (as the 'Baby Boy' one), I will enter your name into the blog candy draw twice (rules apply). Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Great Layout! Love your choice of title for that photo, it's just perfect! In answer to your questions:
    1. Best feature... this is tough as I really like the "overall" layout, I think my fave bit is the black sparkly "Angel" I really do like those chipboard letters when they're finished so nicely.
    2. LOVE the colour combo, I'm a big fan of Black, White and Red together!
    3. This is always the hardest to answer!! I really don't know what I would have done differently, I may have used some of the black glitter that you used on the "Angel" letters elsewhere on the project, possiby on the bat... but that really is being picky!! :o)
    4.Overall everything is perfect for the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again April - I just hope the assessor agress with you! I will add your name into the draw for today. Jules sent me her comments by email as she is experiencing problems with Blogger! - so Jules you have an entry also. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaahhhh, she is so sweet - what a fab layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann the colours are amazing, love that monotone background contrasted with the bright red of the photograph.
    I really like the feature of the framing around the photograph with the word tabbed from the side.
    Maybe I would have made the second title line, lowercase, inline with each other, but I think that might be me wanted everything in lines!
    Another great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adore this layout its just the best.
    1. Cant choose a best feature im afraid, thought it was the halloween text. then chnaged my mind to the shaped matting of the photo, then changed it again to the title and of course the bat.......its all fab !!
    2. I adore the red against the black and white its spot on.
    3. I wouldnt change a thing , although i agree with April some black bling or glitter would enhance it even further.
    4. Again I agree with April it all goes together perfectly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann this is a really stunningly eye catching layout. I think my favourite feature has to be the bat he is just the perfect finishing touch.

    the patterns and striking effect of the monotone background complement the vivid red of the photograph and really make it stand out.

    As to what I would have changed I would probably have heat embossed the bat with black glittering embossing powder to make him sparkle.

    The over all effect as I said at the beginning is stunning it all balances really well and is full of little detail such as the stitching which you don't notice on first glance but adds to the interest as you look further into the design.

    I am sure you will pass unit 4 with no problems looking at the pages you have submitted they are extremely well put together and balanced.

    Good luck with unit 4 Alli from the craft qualification forum. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your constructive comments Alli. I am hoping to get this unit finished by the weekend. Ann x

    ReplyDelete