Sunday, 21 August 2011

Boy Zone

This is a layout I have created for another unit in the Papercraft qualification I am doing.  The remit for this unit is using an electronic cutting machine (ECM), so I have used my trusty Cricut machine.  For this unit I had to use welded text and layered text, so in this layout I have used both for part of the title.  I also had to show that I could make something with a dashed or perforated line and I have shown this by making a tag pocket for this page.

I used Bazzill Avalanche for the base and Bazzill Scalloped Dotted Swiss in Deep Blue on top of that before adding another layer of Bazzill Avalanche as a mat for my photographs and patterned paper.  As the long strip of patterned paper had a touch of lime green in, I used this as a contrast colour, making the tag and parts of the hearts in the same green shade.  I added faux stitching around the edges of the patterned papers and dots around the outline of the heart shapes, which I decoupaged to add dimension.  I added the buttons at the end as I thought the layout needed some texture.

Leave me a comment on this layout and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (rules apply).  Thank you and good luck!

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving this LO. The design is fabulous and the color combo is too.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout Ann, The colours are gorgeous.
    The tag pocket looks good and the hearts are lovely . Perfect layout for a young man :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super layout and your perforated hearts and tag are really well done. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. This will help me with the evaluation of this unit. Cheers, Ann x

    ReplyDelete