Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Certificate in Paper Craft

If you are a regular to this blog you will no doubt know that I am doing a qualification in paper craft (Certificate in Paper Craft), through the Craft Qualifications Centre - www.craftqualificationscentre.comSeveral people have asked me what it entails and I thought I would give you a quick overview of what it's all about.

Firstly, The Certificate in Paper Craft is aimed at all adults and young adults (14+). The qualification is awarded by the Craft Qualifications Centre in association with NCFE.  This particular programme focuses mainly on card making in all its forms and scrapbooking.  NCFE is recognised as an awarding body by the qualifications regulators.  The Craft Qualifications Centre is an Approved Centre with NCFE.

In a nutshell, to achieve the Certificate in Paper Craft you are required to complete 4 units in total.  There are two mandatory units and two optional units.  There are four optional units to choose from.

Unit 1 (mandatory) requires you to submit 3 paper craft designs with corresponding recipe cards and a workbook.  Unit 2 (mandatory) requires you to submit a workbook (with evidence of participation and development) in your chosen paper craft.  Unit 3, 4, 5 and 6 (of which you choose two units) each require you to submit 3 paper craft designs and three corresponding 'recipe cards' for each design.  The recipe cards are full details on how and why you chose to do that particular design.

The whole qualification is done online and all of the assessment is also done online or by post. You are allowed to take up to 1 year to complete but you can aim to finish in about 3 months if you have sufficient experience to go straight for the units.  Full details can be found from the Qualifications Centre on the above link.

I have sent my final two units in for assessment and I am awaiting the outcome (fingers crossed).  Once I have this qualification I am hoping to go on and get the Diploma in Paper Craft, which should be available from the Craft Qualifications Centre at the end of this year.  I have enjoyed the process and it certainly keeps you busy.  As I teach crafts (mainly scrapbooking) it is nice for someone to assess me instead of the other way around.

I hope this answers some of the questions I have been asked?  If you leave a comment on this post I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (last day today) and rules apply.  Best of luck!

5 comments:

  1. Wow - final 2 units under you belt - well done Ann. I still have not submitted unit 1 and I have been registered since June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once I start something I have to do it straight away because otherwise I lose interest and never get it finished. It helps that I do the Scrapaholix Club once a month as I have to do layouts for that, so I just incorporated it into the units. Also, I will start back as a tutor in September so won't have much time then either. Give yourself some achievable goals i.e. do one layout or card and recipe card a week, that way you can get it done in small bites. Best of luck with it anyhow. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting, hope you get your results soon Ann, and Good luck Pamela for when you hand youres in too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you and wishing you the best in what you desire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just won the opportunity to do the Certificate so was interested to find your blog. Did you find the course useful?

    ReplyDelete