Monday, 15 August 2011

A Journey ....

The title on the card reads 'A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles' and is a quote by Tim Cahill.  It is part of the Icons sheet that co-ordinates with the Authentique 'Journey' patterned paper collection.  I have used the same base and patterned paper as before (Voyage) and added another one of those great Poundshop buy flowers.
I have done the layout similar to the one I posted on Saturday using photographs of the Cathedral of the Resurrection, St Petersburg, Russia.  I was lucky enough to go there a few years ago (as part of a cruise) and visited some beautiful places.  It is an amazing place to visit and I would love to go back there one day!  I would just pray that the weather was better - it rained practically all the holiday.

What's the best place you have ever visited (or would like to visit)?  Leave a comment to let me know and I will enter your name into the draw for the blog candy (usual rules apply).  Thank you for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ann I adore this , what fantastic photos these are , amazing buildings. The papers go so well with them it looks brilliant.
    Theres a few places I was amazed by Paris, the Eiffel Tower was magic , took my breath away but maybe not as much as Notre Dam, that was unbelievable inside and out.
    And Belgium , in the square, those old buildings were fab. My third( am I allowed 3?) would have to be Niagra Falls what a sight that was to be up close and feel the spray from it on your face was unreal.Could do with beoing back in some of those places now....oh if only its a good job for Scrapbooking pages so we can go back to those places in an instant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaqi - I haven't been to Paris or Niagra Falls but I have been to Belgium and it is a fantastic place. I know the square you mean and I think I have some photo's somewhere .... I have probably scrapped them (or will now). Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann hope you had a good day on sunday
    St Petersburg would be on my list to visit never been always wanted to go to Russia My fav place with out a dout is Rome went with a friend 54 years ago and will never for get it would go back tomorrow
    Linda P xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda - I have been to Rome too and agree that it is fabulous. It was awesome to visit the Vatican City. I am not a Roman Catholic but it is a very special place. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These lovely layouts have reminded me that I really, really should start on my huge pile of 'scrapbook to do pile'. The colours look really nice as the backdrop for the incredible buildings - beautiful x

    ReplyDelete