Thursday, 4 August 2011

Mykonos

This is a layout I created using a lovely photograph of the windmills of Mykonos. I visited there over 8 years ago as it was part of a Greek Cruise. If my memory serves me right I think there were 5 windmills in all but I could only get 4 of them in the photograph (due to the angle at which I was standing). I love this photograph as it brings back happy memories (isn't that what scrapbooking is all about?).
I used Bazzill French Vanilla for the base of this layout and My Mind's Eye Wild Ride 'Only Smiles' Hot Dots and Seeing Stars patterned papers.  I cut the flowers on the Cricut, varying the sizes (to copy the sizes of the windmills in the photo).  I added buttons to the centre the add interest and texture.  I love this colour combination as it is so Mediterranean and gives the layout a lovely summery feel!

Have you a special holiday memory that returns when you look at that scrapbook layout or photograph?  I'd love you to share that memory with us.  For every comment (and memory) you leave, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for this month (rules apply as usual).  Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Great layout! LOVE the way you have cut the graduating flowers to match in with the windmills. I think those colours are very Med' too, just lovely! Windmills always remind me of a school trip I went on to Amsterdam.... many moons ago :o) had a great time with all my friends! and that pure, cloudless sky just makes me feel warm and think of holidays in general! Thanks for brightening my day as it's pooring with rain here, it's nice to see some blue sky :o) Thanks so much for the Prima's too, they arrived this morning, can't wait to have a play with those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout Ann, the papers you have used match brilliantly. I also love the gratuating flowers thats a good idea.
    My special holiday scrapbook pages are that of Disneyland Paris, we have been a good few times but I only have to pick up the scarpbook to be taken right back there again. We are very lucky to have photos of every inch of the park ( well it feels like it anyway - last trip we took 750) all worth it to have allowed us to have some great memories from some fantastic holidays there

    ReplyDelete