Saturday, 13 August 2011

On this Journey Together

I created this layout using one of the fabulous Authentique 'Journey' collection of patterned papers.  This one is called 'Voyage' and I decided it would go with these photographs taken a few years ago when we were lucky enough to go on a fantastic Baltic cruise.  I have scrapped some layouts featuring other places we visited during this 'Great Escape' but I have never really found any patterned papers I liked for these particular ones .... until now!
I combined this lovely patterned paper with some Bazzill Bling 'Blank Check' as the base and Bazzill Great Lakes (that lovely dark blue), which I cut down to 11" x 11" and layered over the top.  The layout inspiration came from this month's Scrapbook Magazine (again!), this time a layout from Missy Neal.  I love this block graphic design type layout anyhow and have done some very similar in the past.  They work really well with holiday photographs and photos of the same theme as you can put three photographs on one layout.

I used the Authentique co-ordinating Icons and Headlines (title card) and the flower is made from felt and is a Poundshop find!  Thanks for popping by today.  If you leave a comment (see rules) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout, those blues are so pretty and they couldnt be a more perfect match to the photos, its great when that happens isnt it? looks like they were made for each other :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout,the papers gorgeous,and the Balic cruise was great,makes me want to go on another cruise! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really lovely colours, great layout and I love the flower and label x

    ReplyDelete