Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Rainton Meadows Show

I would just like to say a big 'thank you' to everyone who attended the Ross Paper craft Show at Rainton Meadows Arena, Houghton-le-Spring on Sunday.  It was a fantastic turnout!  I would also like to thank my regular customers (who turn out each show), especially Heather, Karen, Janice, Julia Linda (x2), Lisa, Joyce .... the list goes on.  I promised a few photographs - I apologise that they aren't very good as I just snapped them before the show started.
Unlike, some of the bigger shows like the Arena (Newcastle), the traders do not have a separate 'pod system'.  We all put together our own little section for our shops made from various stands, tables, wire grid wall etc.
Although I do take along some 'card-making' products like decoupage and toppers, punches etc., the majority of my stock appeals more to the scrapbookers that attend.  I did have one lady say to me that I was the only person selling scrapbooks!
It is difficult to know what to take to these shows as obviously, you can't take all your stock and all the different lines of products that you sell on-line - but you can bet that the one thing you don't take, someone asks for!
I always take along some of my layouts to display and Joanne always makes some cards up for me as customers like to get ideas on what to do with the various products.  The new Authentique patterned papers went down well as I displayed the two layouts I have just made and I got a lot of lovely comments from customers.
I always do a mini audit on the sales I make at the shows as it helps when planning the next one.  The top three sellers at Sunday's show were:

1.   Patterned Papers & Collection Kits
2.   Tando Creative Masks and chipboard
3.   Kanban Decoupage/Toppers


If you went along to the show, let me know what you thought about the venue, the number of retailers etc. in fact anything you want - I would be interested in your feedback.  If you leave a comment, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for this month (see rules).  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Photos look fab, sorry i missed it. Ive noticed the last few shows ive been too theres not much scrapbooking stuff, its all catering for card making, which is such a shame as theres loads of people out there who scrapbook. Hope it was a success for you at the end of the day thats what its all about :-)Thanks for letting us see the pictures it all looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were loads of people there on Sunday - many card makers! It was a bit of a slow start but I got there in the end. I met up with many regular customers who come to the local shows because they know I sell scrapbook products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann
    Julia and i really enjoyed the show we thought that the venue was much better than Nissan and there was a really big turn out.The stands seamed to be better laid out and there was lots to see and i think that lady was right you were the only scrapbook stand there. thought Joanne,s cards were really nice and a would of brought some card makers to your stall, pleased you had a good day, we did xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda - glad that you and Julia had a good day! It turned out a good day in the end. It is a nice, roomy venue and many people commented on that. The show at Gateshead Stadium in October should be good too as that is a big venue also. It has also just been refurbished. See you both in September. Ann x

    ReplyDelete