Sunday, 28 August 2011

Scraplifting layouts

Following on from yesterday's theme when I was talking about using 'sketches' for layouts and cards.  Well today I want to show you a 'scraplift' I did from the Scrapbook Magazine, which I sent in and got published!

I did a scraplift of a layout based on an original by Lesley Oman, which was in Issue 55 of the Scrapbook Magazine.  Lesley called her layout 4925 miles and I based my layout on her design, using the same layout but my own papers, card, photo and embellishments and called mine 4186 Miles.  We both had stories to tell and mine was about my Sister who lives in Canada and how many miles there are between us.

I sent it in to the magazine as part of the papercraft qualification I am doing at the moment and also to show that it is quite acceptable to scraplift layouts as another means of inspiration for your scrapbooking pages.

I have sent another entry into the magazine and hopefully that will be accepted too.  Have you ever 'scraplifted' a layout?  Let me know and for every comment that I receive (see rules) your name will be entered into the blog candy draw.  Best of luck.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, your layout is really lovely and what a special family thoughts behind it, scraplifting is something I have never done, good luck with getting your next layout accepted. Laura

    ReplyDelete