Monday, 22 August 2011

Zoo

This is the second layout I have done for Unit 6 of the Papercraft qualification.  As part of this unit I had to use my Cricut machine to cut welded text and I used the Animal Kingdom cartridge to cut the words 'Zoo' and the words on the sign (Dont' feed the animals).  I based this layout loosely on a sketch by Cherie Averill at Sassylilsketches.  I added more layers than the original sketch and changed a few things but the sketch started my inspiration.
I used Authentique patterned papers from the Journey Collection (Stroll, Jaunt), using both sides of 'Stroll' paper.  I started by using Bazzill French Vanilla as the base and then adding Bazzill Great Lakes on top of this, then layering with the patterned papers and cardstock.  I matted the photographs onto some Great Lakes cardstock and made the flowers on the Cricut, adding a silver brad in each centre.  The journaling and date was added using Safmat.

If you leave a comment on this post I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (see rules).  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Great layout Ann , love the way you have layered it all, it works beautifully, the 'Dont feed the animals' sign is fab. They should be more than pleased with this its great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Jaqi. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Christine B and Lynsey for your comments (sent via other means). I have added your names into the draw for today. Ann x

    ReplyDelete