Thursday, 8 September 2011

Angel

This is my take on Jules' sketch from yesterday The patterned papers, card and charms are from the September Scrapaholix kit.  The papers are from Fabscraps and are called 'Heritage Floral' and 'Heritage Script'.  The technique this month is using 'Charms' and the charms in the kit are also from Fabscraps.
I kept to the sketch that Jules sent me for the layering of the papers and cardstock but deviated slightly in the top right-hand corner by adding a chipboard heart, which I added two of the charms from the kit to.  The sketch suggested some splattering  at the top and bottom of the photos (either buttons or flowers came to mind) and I decided on flowers with an added swirl, so it didn't look like they were floating in mid air!

The flowers are Petaloo Mini Delphiniums with an added 'pearl' in the centre.  The Tando Creative word 'Angel' I have used before but this time all I did to it was ink it with a Jenni Bowlin Dye Ink Pad and it covered beautifully!  I added a bit of doodling around the edges of the cardstock which wasn't on the original sketch but then that makes it that little bit different.

I decided against loads of journalling to the right of the layout as the sketch suggests, opting for a more modest journal block just peeping out from under the layers of paper.

Another sketch for you to try - if you do and you send me a picture of what you have done, I will give you an extra entry into the draw (usual rules apply).  Best of luck and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Love those Heritage papers! Really like your take on the sketch, you're subtle changes really compliment the layout. Love the angelic piccies too :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great take on the sketch Ann, these papers are lovely. I like the way you have added the swirl beneath the flowers , I like to do that too. I also like the way you have made some small changes , showing perfectly how sketches can be changed to suit the needs of the individual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks April and Jaqi for your comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete