Saturday, 17 September 2011

A bit of a 'Do'

This is my take on Julia's sketch from yesterday.  I have deviated from the sketch in that I have added a journal card at the top right hand corner. and placed my ribbon and flower to the left of the layout. The sketch says 'journaling' so I added a card instead of writing on the base cardstock.  I haven't used ribbon either - instead I have used some Bazzill 'Just the Edge' strips and this one is shaped like 'rick rack'.

I have used Delish Designs Peppercorn Collection of patterned papers called Appetizer and Main Dish.  The flower is cut from the Cricut and the centre is a button from my stash.  I added the 'tags' underneath the flower and they contain part of the title (a bit of a) and the 'Do' is American Crafts Thickers (Jewelry Box) in black.  I made this layout to co-ordinate with one I made last week (LBD).

I would love to see your layouts using a sketch you have made from one of the suggestions from the DT this month.  Leave a comment and I will add your name into the draw for this month (see rules).  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Its lovely Ann, I love black and white it always looks so classy. I like the ric-rac , my mam used to stitch ric-rac on my dresses when i was little . I love the way you have added the start of the title on the 2 little tags beneath the flower, thats a good idea . And the gemstones just give it that delicate bit of 'bling' .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monochrome look, it sets the photo off lovely. Flowers are always a favourite of mine too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant, Ann - love the stripes in the background and the lovely flower x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout, black & white are so elegant a combo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your lovely comments. Kim H - if you become a follower I can add your name into the draw. Ann x

    ReplyDelete