Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Cherub

This is what I created using Jaqi's choice of sketch from yesterdayThe patterned papers and cardstock are from the September Scrapaholix kit.  The buttons are from my own stash and the title is made from K & Co. Urban Rhapsody Die-Cut Stickers.

The Scrapaholix Kit this month includes patterned papers from Fabscraps called 'Heritage Floral' and 'Heritage Script'.  I created one layout called 'Angel' last week with this kit and today have used it for a little boy layout to show the diversity of the papers.

I pretty much kept to the layout of the sketch but instead of using circles down the side of the photograph I decided to add 'banners' as I thought this was more suitable for a little boy than using flowers with button centres (which the sketch suggested to me when I saw it).   The beauty of using a sketch is that you can put your own interpretation to it, unlike a scraplift, which you really have to follow to the letter.

I think this is a lovely sketch to try and would be interested in your interpretation of it should you like to give it a try.  If you do send in your picture of a sketch you have seen on this blog I will give you an extra entry into the draw (rules apply).  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch, love the banners idea. Have been hunting for these papers since I saw your "angel" page, can't seem to find them though :o( x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't stock Fabscraps papers anymore. I used to but the supplier I use doesn't get any of the new lines anymore. The Scrapaholix Club tend to get products that are not available in this country. I'll send them an email to ask where they got them from. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely Ann, its great to see another interpretation of a sketch , i agree the banners look much nicer for a boy , bless him hes so canny its a lovely photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jaqi - He isn't like this anymore! Nearly 12 now - where does the time go? Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, love the patterned papers and colors.

    ReplyDelete