Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Comic Book Hero

This is my take on the 'sketch' used by Jaqi yesterday.  Whilst Jaqi used the fabulous Prima 'Printery' Collection of papers, I have opted to go for the equally fabulous Bazzill 'Two Scoops' embossed cardstock.

I have been itching to get my hands on the lovely 'Two Scoops' cardstock and when I saw this photo taken in Florida, I knew that I just had to use some of the delicious colours to create this layout.  I have used the colours of Orange Sorbet, Lemon Custard and Blue Moon from the Two Scoops range to put together this page.  I wanted to create a 'comic book' feel to this layout and hopefully I have achieved this by using the colours in conjunction with black cardstock, speech balloons and the cut out stars.

Sketches can be used as a starting point or followed to the letter.  I have substituted stars where the sketch suggests flowers, changed my subtitle slightly and added extra layers of cardstock.  The embellishment is a sticker and it brings everything together.

Why don't you give this sketch a try.  I would love to see what you come up with.  If you make a layout using this sketch - email me what you have done and I will show it on the blog.  You will get an extra entry into the blog candy draw as well as your usual entry for leaving a comment.  Usual rules still apply.  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I love this! those colours are fab and work so well together, the comic book theme is great. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree this is a 'WOW' piece - the colours are perfect for the photo, it all goes together so nicely and the button at the top just sets it off. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Ann, the papers are perfect for that photo , is fab to see a different take on that sketch i too would love to see anyone elses layouts done to this sketch, maybe they could leave the link on here? the stars look great instead of flowers, it just goes to show how the same sketch can be adapted to suit any picture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I really enjoyed doing this one! Ann x

    ReplyDelete