Thursday, 29 September 2011

Family at Christmas

I had some of those lovely Prima North Country patterned papers calling out to me, so I decided to give in and use them on today's layout.  This is based on the sketch that Jules used yesterday.  The photograph was taken last December around Christmas time and as soon as I saw the patterned paper range from Prima, I knew that I would use them with this photograph.

I used Bazzill French Vanilla as the base of this layout and used Prima North Country patterned papers called 'Glacier Roads' and 'Red Deer' (used reverse side).  The 'Glacier Roads' paper is strips of all the North Country Collection, so it co-ordinates with all the range.  I decided to do circles along the bottom of the sketch and the idea came to me to make them look like Christmas tree baubles, which I did by punching out 2" circles from Bazzill Ruby Slipper cardstock and adding some Christmas stickers and some little white ribbon bows.

The title is made from American Crafts Thickers Jewelry Box in black, which I have used on several layouts now (and still have loads left).  The smaller letters are from my own stash (I think they are Papermania).  If you leave a comment on today's post I will enter your name (if you qualify) into the blog candy draw for this month.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh those papers are lovely! I really like your idea of making the circles at the bottom into baubles, they look great! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely bright cheerful layout and I think the lovely papers are a match with the wall paper in the picture. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Im a day late I had my granddaughter yesterday and didnt have my computer on.
    Wow this is a lovely Christmas layout , i like the little bows above the baubles thats a lovely touch. Christmas is approaching at a galloping pace , its scary to think very soon we will all have new photos of christmas 2011 to scrapbook

    ReplyDelete