Tuesday, 27 September 2011

'Hold Me'

As Jaqi made cards with the remainder of her kit yesterday, I thought I would have a go at another 'sketch' - this time chosen by me!  I decided on this Anna Bowkis sketch from www.pencillines.com

I decided to use the lovely Prima Alla-Prima Collection to create the layout using this photograph taken in 2000 of Lucy and Jamie as the colours match so well.

I used Bazzill French Vanilla as the base and using a template I cut the shape from Alla-Prima Composition patterned paper.  I gutted the middle so I could use this to mat the photograph.  I cut a square of patterned paper using Alla-Prima Ferrulle (used the reverse side) and a strip from the same paper (dotted side), layering them up.  The photograph was first matted onto Bazzill French Vanilla, then the Alla-Prima Composition patterned paper.

The flowers are the gorgeous Alla-Prima Flower Market range and they compliment the patterned papers beautifully.  I made the title from American Craft Thickers (Jewelry Box) in white, which I inked using a Jenni Bowlin dye ink pad in Spice Tin.  I cut a 'blurb' box using the Cricut and Plantin SchoolBook cartridge, added the words ' close, don't let me go' to complete the title.

Leave a comment on today's post and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  The usual rules apply - you must be a follower of this blog.  Join now, it takes literally minutes and you could win a lovely prize.  Thank you for stopping by.  Pop by tomorrow to see what Jules has created for her last week on using 'sketches'.

4 comments:

  1. What a great layout! love your choice of colours, they're so calming. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout Ann, I especially love the alla prima flower market range paper it is such a beautiful subtle colour and design. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout Ann, Im getting used to using your tip of gutting the paper when covering it up with other papers and cards, you are right it saves loads of cardstock etc. These colours compliment each other very well they are lovely papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. Glad you found this crafting tip useful Jaqi - I use it all the time and it saves a load of waste, especially cardstock. Ann

    ReplyDelete