Saturday, 3 September 2011

Just chit-chat

Trying to fill a few days before the Design Team come back on board, so I thought I would fill today's post with some idle chat!  Today is my birthday - not quite 21 again (but then who is) but neither am I collecting my bus-pass (not quite yet anyway).  I got some feedback from Jackie (the assessor) at the Craft Qualifications Centre on Thursday to say that I had passed my last 2 units for the Certificate in Papercraft I was doing.  So hurrah for that!

Anyhow, like I said the DT are back (doing what they do best - designing) on Monday.   The remit of the DT this month is using 'sketches' and I thought I would try and match them 'sketch for sketch' so to speak.  Jaqi is up first and she has a layout she has created using a sketch and the absolutely gorgeous Prima Printery patterned papers and the equally lovely 'keys' stamp from the same range.  Jaqi has sent me a copy of the sketch she has used, so I thought I would try my hand at doing a layout (using different papers and embellishments) to see how my interpretation of the same sketch turns out. 

So if you want to follow the blog to see what we all come up with, as well as leaving a comment (that will entitle you to an entry into the blog - see rules) come back on a daily basis for the entire month!  Leave a comment today to start you off.  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
    Happy Birthday dear Ann
    ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
    Happy Birthday to you


    Hope you have a lovely birthday and Congrtatulations on passing your units for your Craft Qualification thats brilliant news.

    Hope you have a nice day for your birthday (you kept it quiet) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear ......sorry Congratulations that should have said !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ann!

    Hope you have a fabulous day :D congrats on passing your units too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Ann :)

    Congratulations and big well done on the Craft Qualification too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your birthday wishes and congrats on the craft qualification. I have enjoyed doing it and it gave me a purpose in doing my layouts. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I'm new to this blog!! Looks fabulous and full of inspiration.

    Happy birthday! I hit the big 3-0 next month and embarking on a new career as a primary teacher in the same year!! Yikes. :/

    Well done on the qualifications. I would love to get qualified in crafting, sounds wonderful!!

    Caz :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Caroline welcome to the blog. I hope you get loads of inspiration from us. Our DT start back on Monday so loads of different styles to see from then on. Pleased to say you have an entry into the blog candy draw for today. Ann x

    ReplyDelete