Saturday, 10 September 2011

(LBD)

This is what I made with Julia's sketch from yesterday.  The title of this layout LBD (Little Black Dress) came from my love of this dress in the photograph.  I think everyone in their lifetime has some item of clothing they love and this was mine!  It was bought for a 21st birthday party, which was a 'black tie' event.  The dress itself was very intricate and had loads of gorgeous beading around the neck and top of the sleeves.  The photograph isn't that good quality but I wanted to scrap this anyhow to remember the occasion.
I played safe with this layout and used a black and white theme, so the colours didn't clash with the background.  I followed the sketch for the entire layout but added some embellishments in the 'picture area'.  My photograph is quite small as I cropped out much of the background and triple layered it.  I used Delish Designs patterned papers (Peppercorn Collection - Main Dish and Appetizer), added a couple of black and white flowers, pearl centres and added the title using American Crafts Thickers (Jewelry Box) in black.

This is quite a simple layout but one I could see working with several different photographs.  Why not have a go yourselves - I would love to see them.  If you do decide to use the sketch, please let me see a copy of what you did and I will give you an extra entry into the blog candy draw.  Leave a comment and if you qualify (see rules) I will enter your name into the draw for today.  Best of luck!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, i like the black and white theme and its perfect for this photo.
    I saw you today from a distance at Harrogate but then you had gone. Hope you had a nice day, we did although there was a serious lack of Scrapbooking stuff there :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaqi for your comment. I never saw you but saw Julia from Scrapaholix Club. We had a nice day - went to Betty's for coffee and cake and a look around the shops at Harrogate. Catch up with you soon. Ann x

    ReplyDelete