Saturday, 24 September 2011

Let it Snow

This is my take on the sketch Julia chose for yesterday's blog.  I used Bazzill Dotted Swiss in Salt for the base as it reminds me of tiny little snowballs!  I used one sheet of patterned paper from Prima 'North Country' Collection aptly called 'Snow Fall'.
I used both sides of the gorgeous paper as I was spoiled for choice on which side to use.  With a little bit of 'creative cutting', I managed to get the blue snowflakes side as my background and use the lovely image of the 'deer in the snow' on the other piece.  The ribbon is actually another piece of patterned paper from the same range (which was left over from another layout I have made using these papers) and it is called 'Glacier Roads'.

I double matted my photograph onto a piece of Dotted Swiss Salt and Bazzill Bitter Chocolate.  The 2" circles (for the background of the title) were punched from the same Bazzill Bitter Chocolate cardstock.  The American Craft Thickers (Foam Letters) are from my own stash and they are called Rootbeer Float.  The remainder of the title and the journaling are made on the computer using Safmat.  The 'sewing' along the edges (may be difficult to see from photograph) is in actual fact some rub-ons I found (it's amazing what you accumulate isn't it!).

I enjoyed using the sketch for this layout as you can deviate from any sketch and make it you own, simply by changing something really simple.  I hope you have a go and try one of the sketches the DT have used this month - I would love to see your efforts.

Leave a comment and if you qualify (see rules) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for this month.  Best of luck!

2 comments:

  1. Another lovely layout, Snow photos are always full of happy memories . I love the way you have done the title, it actually reminds me of snowballs. Thats a beautiful image of the deer, it really adds to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper, really sweet layout, thankyou fo rsharing.

    ReplyDelete