Thursday, 15 September 2011

Pagoda

I used the sketch Jules' chose yesterday for today's layout.  The photograph was taken in Co. Wicklow, Ireland in the beautiful Japanese Gardens within Powerscourt House and Gardens.

I have used the same patterned paper collection as Jules yesterday but chose different papers to showcase the versatility of the range.  I chose Promenade (used reverse side) and Explore patterned papers along with Bazzill Two Scoops Fudge Ripple cardstock.  The title was cut on the Cricut using Bazzill Deep Blue Dotted Swiss cardstock, which I used for matting the photograph and one of the Icons (in the lower right of the layout).

The 'swirl' is from Tando Creative and I just inked it with a Jenni Bowlin Dye Ink Pad in 'Spice Tin'.  The flowers are a combination of flower shapes cut on the Big Shot and the middle of the blooms are Petaloo mini delphiniums, to which I added mini silver brads.

Why not try this sketch yourself?  I would love to see what you come up with.  Please leave a comment today and I will enter your name into the draw for this month (usual rules apply).  Best of luck!

6 comments:

  1. Love this layout, I really like those bold papers they compliment the photo so well. The flowers are very effective too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely take on yesterdays sketch.
    I really like the flowers you have used and that Tando corner swirl is gorgeous.
    I liked the look of this one I decided to give it a go myself and you can find it
    here;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jaqi for trying one of the 'sketches' from another DT member. I love how the Bazzill Two Scoops looks once distressed as it gives it a vintage feel. I am giving you an extra entry into the blog candy draw. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the colours on this layout and the chevron patterned paper just pops! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ann, thats kind of you. those papers have to be seen to get the full effect of how fab they are , I just want them all lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the colors and patterns, very nice.

    ReplyDelete