Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Rain (never stops play)

As Jaqi created her layout yesterday with a sketch she designed herself, I thought I would look for a sketch that would suit the photographs I wanted to scrap and found this one from Sassy Lil Sketches.

I decided to do a layout with two photographs taken in Florida a few years ago.  For this layout I chose patterned papers from Crate Paper Portrait Collection called Honeymoon, Bouquet and Pearls.  Although the names have a 'wedding theme' to them, they are suitable for other layouts as well.


I used Bazzill French Vanilla for the base and inked the edges of the cardstock before adding the strips of patterned papers.  The edge across the bottom is from Bazzill 'Just the Edge' in Pepper and it is Dotted Swiss cardstock, therefore, it has that lovely dotted texture to it.  The 'flowers' are from the same 'Just the Edge' pack as well (I just cut them down to the size I wanted).

I matted the photographs onto Bazzill French Vanilla and then onto Bazzill Mexican Poppy.  The title is made up of American Crafts Thickers in Jewelry Box and the remainder is printed on the computer using Safmat. 

I hope you have a go at making some of the layouts featured this month.  If you do, I would love to see them.  Please leave a comment on today's post and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (see rules).  Best of luck! 

4 comments:

  1. Really like the colour combo you have used for this layout, it suits the piccies perfectly. Love the black flowers, the contrast really adds interest. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are lovely , I really like the flowers at the top and the bottom of the page and the thickers title looks great, did you emboss it? or ink it? the black really pops next to those lovely papers. Theres been some great sketches this month and it has certainly changed my view towards sketches after giving them a go , so thanks for guiding me out of my comfort zone, i wont be worried about trying them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks April and Jaqi for your comments.

    The Thickers are straight from the pack! They are lovely and glossy and since we had 'Thickers' as a technique in one of the Scrapaholix Club kits I am hooked! I still cut my own titles but I just love the 'Thickers' font in this one. I am glad I managed to coax you out of your comfort zone Jaqi - I think we all need that at times. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the colors, and layout. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete