Saturday, 29 October 2011

Blue Christmas

I've always liked the alternative colours of blue and white for Christmas cards.  The traditional colours of red and green will always be popular but there is something lovely and modern about this blue combination for Christmas projects.

For the recent Purely papercrafts Show at Gateshead, I asked Joanne if she would make some samples up for me and here are a selection of fairly simple, but pretty cards using this colour combo:


The patterned papers she used are from the Prima North Country collection called 'Snowfall' and 'Forest Notes'.

What is your favourite colours for Christmas and why?  Leave a comment and I will enter your name into the draw (rules apply).  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

  1. The subtle hues in these papers are lovely, I would have to agree with you Ann, I also love blues, I like how modern they can look and also the lighter blues have I think a calming effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love the combo of colors, so elegant and grwonup. I also like using the red/green combo, but mostly on gift tags and kids cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed these at the show, I love blues, and love to see blue and white snowflake cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. More lovely cards ( im working backwards sorry ive been at work all weekend) love these colours , i like the blues for christmas cards they always give a lovely wintery feel

    ReplyDelete