Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Christmas Tags

After making the Christmas card, which I posted on the blog yesterday, I decided to make some Christmas embellishments with some of the off-cuts.  The papers used were from the new Authentique 'Wonder' collection, Bazzill cardstock in French Vanilla and Rain Forest.  The noteables (words) are also from the Authentique range.

I made the Christmas stocking tag using a Bazzill Chip (available in singles as well as packs of 3).  I covered this with the patterned paper (reverse side is a green gingham) and then added the stocking top piece cut from the front of the patterned paper.   I add the 'Santa' word from the noteables sheet and added some Bazzill Pom Poms trim.

The tag is cut on the Cricut, firstly in Rain Forest cardstock, then in the patterned paper, which was adhered on top to give a layered effect.  If you cut this on the Cricut, cut the cardstock in shadow and the patterned tag in the same size (without the shadow).  This gives you that shadow effect on the tag.  I used one of the rosettes left over from yesterday and added the word 'Celebrate' from the Authentique noteables sheet.  I added some string to give a more vintage look to the tags.  These could be used as embellishments on scrapbook pages, on top of cards or just as ... tags!

Leave a comment on today's post and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for this month.  See rules that apply.  Thank you for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. These are soooo cute! I especially love the stocking one with those little pom poms!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the rosettes...it added charm to the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely, the 2 papers are lovely and traditional, great together, I really like the cute pompoms they are so sweet. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love these tags on my Christmas pressies, do you think you could have a word with santa for me.... The pom poms just add that bit cuteness ( is that the right spelling ha ha ha ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tags. The stocking with the white pompom string is adorable, and the rosette with a smaller tag on the large one is a great idea. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments.

    Kim H: lovely to see that you have become a follower. Unfortunately, your comments only count for the blog candy draw when they are left on the same day of the post (see rules). I made these rules to be fair to everyone. Thanks you for your comments though they are much appreciated. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tags Ann, those pom poms are fab, and the papers are delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete