Thursday, 6 October 2011

Life's Journey (layout 1)

This is one of 2 layouts I have created for this month's Scrapaholix Club.  The technique this month is using 'Perfect Pearls' (dry version that you have to add water to).  We have had this technique before but this time we have some lovely patterned papers in the form of Kaisercraft 'Chapter One Collection' and some white, green and black cardstock.

I started by using one of the 12" x 12" Bazzill cardstock sheets in white and using a sheet of lace cardstock (from my own stash) as a template, spritzed the perfect pearls over the cardstock to produce the shadow effect flowers in the right hand corner.  I then used a 'sketch' from last month to create this layout.  This one was the very first sketch we had last month submitted by Jaqi.  The first time around I created the 'Comic Book Hero' layout using coloured Bazzill Two Scoops Cardstock.

The title is made from American Crafts Thickers (Jewelry Box in Black), the flowers are Papermania (from my own stash) and the flower trio in the left hand corner is a piece of 'Just the Edge' from Bazzill.  The words are cut out from one of the patterned papers, which has words on one side and is green on the other.

If you leave a comment today (and you qualify - see rules), I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for this month.  Layout number 2 will be posted tomorrow.  Thank you for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Wow loving the green and black combo! very effective! really like the perfect pearls misting in the top corner too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good layout, your colours and positioning is spot on, I always know when it's one of your layouts. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous use of black colour on this layout..matching the monument colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours, great effect with the misting....

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Just wanted to say I received my prize - thank you so much, it is spook-tacular! x)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sentiment :)

    The colours also work really well together and the layout is fab. I am just about to start on my very first scrapbook but not too sure where to start - might be popping back here for some inspiration!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love perfect pearls, and this layout. The color combo is great and the added shine from the perfect pearls I bet looks more beautiful in person too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all your comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete