Friday, 7 October 2011

Life's Journey (layout 2)

This is the second layout I have created this month using the Scrapaholix Kit for October.  The patterned papers are from Kaisercraft and the technique this month is using 'Perfect Pearls' (dry version that you add water to).

For this layout, I spritzed the perfect pearls over the piece of green cardstock using the same lace cardstock as yesterday as a template.   The effect isn't as obvious as on the plain white cardstock, but there is a subtle change of colour and a flower shadow on the cardstock.  The words around the photograph are from the manufacturer's strip along the bottom of the paper.  I added some journaling strips of my own (using the computer to type it).  The title is from American Crafts (as yesterday), and the flowers are from my stash.

The 'rosette' is made from the words paper using a Tim Holtz Rosette die and the Big Shot.  I added some coloured dress maker pins to add interest (and to look like the spokes of the windmill).

Leave a comment and I will enter you into the draw (see rules).  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. ooh that lovely green and black theme again, very nice! and I really like your rosette, the pins through it look great. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Ann, what a great layout, I like how you mimicked the windmill and place the pins in the same place as the real blades. I don't have the rosette die is it an easy one to use.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the rosette, and lovr the colour scheme, I also like the idea of useing the wording from the paper ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments. Laura: the Tim Holtz die is so easy to use. The one I have cuts 2 strips (2 different sizes of rosette) and all you have to do is fold it and stick it together. It saves loads of time and they are perfect each time - I love it! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout the colours are nice, i like that rosette ive looked at that die a few times im even more tempted now lol

    ReplyDelete