Sunday, 16 October 2011

Making Memories to the rescue!

Following on from yesterday's post - thank you for all your suggestions and comments.  I emailed Making Memories customer services and said that the postal rates were really expensive and they emailed me back to say they have sent me a replacement (free of charge - including the postage).  Now that is what I call 'customer service'.

I may just try and struggle on for next week as the week after is half-term holidays and hopefully by then the replacement plastic ruler will have arrived.  We have a saying (up North) "Shy bairns get nowt", which roughly translates to "people don't get anything unless they ask" - which is very true in this case (although I didn't actually ask for them to send it to me free of charge!).  So, the moral of this story is that if you have a problem with anything that you have bought - contact the customer services and if you ask nicely, they may do the same for you.

Leave a comment on today's post - perhaps you have a similar story to tell?  I would love to hear it.  Every comment gives you an entry into the blog candy draw (rules apply).  Thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Ann glad to hear you had such luck with getting a replacement and free of charge, I hope it gets here super quick for you. I had a fiskars punch that cracked and the shop I had bought it from closed, I emailed fiskars and they sent me a new on free of charge. I was delighted with the company their customer service was so good. Enjoy you Sunday Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thats what I like , a nice helpful company,that looks after customers...... On that note, Ann the paper you delivered last week, well Ive used it, but i ripped some of it, do you think you could replace it, hee hee hee, well !!! you said shy girls get nowt lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelagh - there is another saying "God loves a trier". Nice try! I am pleased you actually used your papers (most people keep them for ages - just to look at). Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you will be getting a free replacement! hope it arrives soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got sorted , i once had to contact Cutting edge crafts because i recd the wrong item although it had the correct item number on that i had ordered . I had needed it for the tuesday and it was monday so they sent me a new one super fast express delivery at their cost and it arrived 11am on the tues...i was well pleased they were brill. On another occasion a set of alphabet dies contained 2 dies of one lot of letters and was minus a die with another set on , contacted them and once again they sent the missing set straight away and a free postage label to return the duplicate set. great customer service once again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news. I have to contact making memories because I was having issues with my Slice machine. They got me a customer rep that actually had the machine themselves and knew how to trouble shoot, and ask me the right questions to solve the problem. It ended up I needed to oil it. They sent me a small package of embellishments as a sorry for the inconvience. Wonderful service overthere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha.....most of the papers I buy I get 2, one to use and one to keep, but can you blame people for keeping them!! they are too good to use lol....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you know I was only joking.... I would only ask for a replacement if I had a genuine reason x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shelagh - yes I did realise you were joking. I am sure that if you had a genuine problem with anything you bought from me that you would let me know so that I could resolve it for you. Ann x

    ReplyDelete