Sunday, 2 October 2011

Party Girls

This is the final layout from last month using sketches.  I have matched the Design Team members, layout for layout, for each of the sketches submitted (a total of 12!).  This one is based on the last sketch submitted by Julia and I decided to use some of the beautiful (I say this because the images on the website don't do them justice), Glitz Design 'Vintage Blue' Collection.

I love this photograph and I have scrapped it before (in sepia) because I think it looks a bit 'vintage', although it is a modern photograph.  I think it's the little fur coats and the long navy dress that make it look vintage!

I decided when I saw the new 'Vintage Blue' Collection that this photograph was ideal and used 'Vintage Blue Motif' and 'Vintage Blue Stripe' for this layout.  I used both sides of each patterned paper as they all co-ordinate beautifully.  I used rub-ons for stitching (although not on the sketch I love them) and for the title used some chipboard letters, which I inked using Jenni Bowlin 'Spice Tin'.  The smaller words are from Glitz Design and are the Teeny Alpha range in Navy.  The flower was cut on the Big Shot and another little flower insert added.

I will miss my daily sketch from the DT and I hope you have had some inspiration from them.  If you did decide to use one of the sketches, please let me see it and I will give you an extra entry into the blog candy draw for October.  Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. Great layout Ann, those papers do look lovely. If you miss the sketches too much just let me know - always happy to send some more lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cracking vintage papers, the blue theme always attracts me and they go well with the pretty party girls photo. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout here Ann, beautiful papers. I also wanted to let you know that I have awarded you the 'Versatile Blogger' Award for your great blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! I agree that the papers are the perfect style to go with the photo. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the flower embellishment and yes, the blue patterned paper is soo...cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout once again, I love the richness of these papers they are fab. The girls look great in those little fur coats.

    ReplyDelete