Friday, 28 October 2011

The perfect partner

I think one of the hardest things about making a scrapbook layout is deciding on what to have as the background.  Most of the time I start with a sheet of Bazzill cardstock (or similar) then make up the layout from there.  Occasionally, I see some patterned paper that I like for my background layout and use that but mostly it is the trusted cardstock that I start with.
The most used cardstock colours are probably black and white but there is another shade of this fantastic cardstock that outsells all and that is French Vanilla.


This cardstock shade is my biggest seller and I am not surprised!  It is a subtle shade of cream that goes with almost anything.  Unlike white, it is not as stark and cold.  It gives the background of your project a warmer feel but is still light enough to mix with an array of brighter colours I have tried this colour next to the brand new Authentique 'Gathering' collection (new in yesterday) and it goes a treat!  Obviously, everyone has their own favourite colours - let me know yours by leaving a comment.

For every comment left (today only) on this blog post will be entered into the draw.  I can only accept entries from followers of this blog.  If your name does not appear in the follower list above - you won't be entered.  The rules are there to make the draw fair to everyone.  Thanks for stopping by today.

6 comments:

  1. I do love that French Vanilla! You're right that it goes with pretty much anything, but I think the colour that just beats it when I flick through my scrapbook albums is Kraft, I'm a bit of a Kraft addict :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. French Vanilla is my fave for my layouts, white can be stark,I always thing creamy colours go with anyother, it gives a warming look....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am predominantly a card maker so I use many different colours for backing however most are pale pastel colours, I do prefer cream over white if I have a large empty space, as you say it gives a warmer feel. The French vanilla on show here is lovely and definately a great alternative to white. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm overall would have to agree French Vanilla, but that changes depending on the layout pictures and embelishments. sometimes I need more color or pattern in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use french vanilla almost always begining with a plain base and build from there.I love script papers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my favourite , thats why ive been known to buy it by the pack full rather than single sheets , it goes with everything, its a beautiful warm cream. Like Brenda i like to use it as a base and build up my layout from there. Im busy working on my sons wedding album and its perfect for that

    ReplyDelete